Monday, December 1, 2008

Act IV, scene i


Everything is set right, though I'm not entirely sure how. I fell asleep in the woods with the rest, everything still all in disarray. We were woken by Theseus and Hippolyta, along with Egeus, and the three asked what had happened. Lysander told them about his plan to leave with Hermia, and Egeus demanded that he be killed and Hermia forced to marry Demetrius. But Demetrius said that he was over his love for Hermia, and that he loved me once more! He said that it was as if he had been ill when he loved Hermia, and since his health was restored, I was the one he wanted once more. It is all so strange, and I'm not sure how these things happened, but Theseus has ordered that we all get married in one big ceremony. I still don't know if all of this is just a dream, but I'm overjoyed that my true love will finally be mine.

No comments: