Monday, November 10, 2008

Act I, scene i


The most amazing thing has happened today. My friend Hermia was taken by her father, Egeus, to see the Duke of Athens. Her father wanted to make her marry Demetrius, the man I love. We were once engaged, but when he met her, he left me. He adores her so much, but she's in love with Lysander. Theseus, the Duke, gave her four days, until his wedding to Hippolyta (pictured left), to decide whether or not she'd marry Demetrius. If she doesn't, she may have to go to a convent, or she may even be killed! Hermia and Lysander confided in me that they're planning to run away to his aunt's house to get married! I envy their happiness...I wish that I could have the love that they have. This is wonderful news though, because if she runs away with Lysander I can win my Demetrius back. I'm sure that when he finds out they're going through the woods tomorrow night, he'll have to follow them. I can follow after him, and then maybe he'll come back to me!I know I'm not the prettiest thing, but maybe with her out of the way, he'll see me differently. I have to tell Demetrius!

No comments: